Monday, August 09, 2004

My smartest (and possibly best-looking) friend

What can I say? The guy's a hunk! David Eagleman is his name, and he's a neurobiologist. He now resides in Houston, where he's on the faculty of the University of Texas Houston Medical Center. I swear I'm not making this up - I really know him, and so does Jenn (they actually went to high school together, and I met him independently of that in San Diego, years later - one of those great Jewish small world stories for another time).

Anyway, he just wrote this beautiful tribute to Francis Crick that was published in the Houston Chronicle, and I thought it worth sharing. Check out his faculty and lab home pages, too - he's doing some insanely fascinating work, and he actually explains it in a way that most mortals can understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home