Monday, February 21, 2005

Teach your children well

The brand spanking new US Secretary of Education wrote this letter to the president and CEO of PBS concerning an episode of a TV show PBS makes that showed kids in a happy family that happened to be headed by a lesbian couple.

You need to read this letter, especially the last paragraph, to fully grasp the magnitude of the choke hold the reactionary right has on the leadership of this country right now. I'm a little behind on this story, partly because I don't listen to my NPR station at work (only because I prefer music). There's lots of discussion in the blogosphere, and I was today pointed to it by the excellent viral video at iFilm, with the link at the end to Ryanne's videoblog. The video was made by Ryanne, who works on the show. In addition to this post, I'm shooting off an email to the not-so-honorable Secretary Spellings.

Do something. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home